Lancia

Lancia

Lancia Italy

 

Established
29 November 1906
Founder
Vincenzo Lancia

Headquarters
Turin, Italy

 

Lancia is leading automobile manufacturer in Italy, established on 29, November 1906 by the Vincenzo Lancia as Lancia & Company. It became division of the Fiat Group in 1969 and the Lancia Automobiles S.P.A. present company was founded in 2007. Its headquarters is situated in Turin, Italy. There are some key people of the company they are John Elkann is the President, Saad Chehab (CEO of Lancia and Chrysler brand), Antonella Bruno (CEO of Lancia in 23 April, 2013).

 

History

The Lancia first car manufactured the "Tipo 51" or "12 HP" (later called "Alfa"), which remained in production from 1907 to 1908. It had a small 4-cylinder engine produce 28 hp. Lancia also manufactured its first truck in 1915, the Jota that constant as a committed series. Lancia include the Theta of 1913, which was the first European production car to feature a complete electrical system as standard equipment.

Lancia first car use a monocoque chassis the Lambda created in 1922 to 1931, the featured 'Sliding Pillar' independent front suspension that incorporated the spring and hydraulic damper into a single unit Lancia premiered the first full-production V6 engine, in the 1950 Aurelia, after earlier industry-leading experiments with V8 and V12 engine configurations. It was also the first company to produce a V4 engine.

Gianni Lancia, a graduate engineer, was the president of Lancia from 1947 to 1955. The Pesenti family took over control of Lancia since 1956 with Carlo Pesenti (1907–1984) in charge.

 

Automotive

Current Models

Lancia Ypsilon

The Ypsilon is a premium 3-door supermini car introduced in 2011. It is based on a modernized Fiat 500 platform.

 

Past Car Models

The Lancia Aurelia issued the front engine rear transmission configuration later used by Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Porsche, GM, and Maserati. The Lancia Thema executive car was a re-branded second generation Chrysler 300 exposed in 2011 to replace the Thesis. It reused the name of the Italian made 1984–94 Thema saloons. It was only sold as the Chrysler 300C. The Lancia Voyager was a large MPV disclose in 2011, which was based on the Chrysler Town & Country. It was only sold as the Chrysler Grand Voyager.  The production of this vehicle has been closed since 2015.

 

Export Markets

Japan

a small number of Lancia models were previously sold in Japan, such as Fulvia, Stratos and Delta, More recently, some models have been sold under the Chrysler brand, such as the Ypsilon.

 

United States

Lancia’s were officially sold in the United States from 1975. Sales were comparatively slow, and the range was withdrawn at the same time as Fiat in 1982. At the 2010 Detroit Auto Show, a Chrysler badged Lancia Delta was on display, but this did not result in sales in the United States, with proposals to instead modify an Alfa Romeo for sale by 2013.

 

Motorsports

Sports Car racing

in 1953, Lancia introduced the D24 sports racer, which was a beginning of D23 model, but modified as a spider by Pininfarina. Its most major victories were the 1953 Carrera Pan-American, the 1954 Mille Miglia and the 1954 Targa Florio Lancia produced a wide range of vans, trucks, buses and military vehicles from the beginning, forming Lancia Veicoli Industriali in 1912.

 

Formula One

Vittorio Jano was the new designer for Lancia and his Lancia D50 was entered into the 1954 Spanish Grand Prix, where Alberto Ascari took the pole position and drove the fastest lap. Remnants of the Lancia team were transferred to Ferrari, where Juan Manuel Fangio won the 1956 championship with a Lancia-Ferrari car.

 

 

LOGO

1907 :

From 1907 to 1910 Lancia car did not suffer, bear a true badge, but rather a brass plaque identifying the manufacturer (Lancia & C.) and chassis code and even some models did have a brass Lancia script on the grille.

 

1911 :

The original Lancia logo was designed by Count Carlo Biscaretti di Ruffia, The first car to bear the Lancia logo was the Gamma 20 HP in 1911.

 

1929 :

The logo got its final layout since 1929, the previous round badge was modulate on a blue shield in the shape of a Reuleaux triangle, though first applied on the 1929 Di Kappa. This badge was only used consistently starting with the 1936 Aprilia.

 

1957 :

In starting of 1957 Flaminia, Lancia cars switched from the traditional vertical split grille to a horizontal, full-width one.

 

2007 :

The current logo, designed by Robilant Associati, was presented at the 2007 Geneva Motor Show-A few months after the creation of Lancia Automobiles.

 

Share post